The controller for the collection, processing and use of your personal data within the meaning of the GDPR and other national data protection laws of the Member States as well as other data protection regulations is:
M&S Armaturen GmbH
Phone: +49 (0) 4465 / 807 - 0
II. Collection, processing and use of personal data
In principle, we process the personal data of our users only insofar as this is necessary to provide a functioning website and our content and services. The processing of the personal data of our users takes place regularly only with the consent of the user. An exception applies to cases in which prior consent can not be obtained for reasons of fact and the processing of the data is permitted by law.
You can visit our website without giving any personal details. As far as data is stored, this is done without personal reference, such as the name of your Internet service provider, the page from which you visit us or the name of the requested file. These data are evaluated solely for the purpose of improving our offer and do not allow any conclusion to your person.
As far as personal data such as name, address or e-mail addresses are collected on our pages, this is done on a voluntary basis, for example, when opening a customer account. We use this data without separate consent exclusively for the fulfillment and processing of the order. With complete processing of the contract and full payment of the purchase price, your data will be blocked for further use and deleted after expiry of the tax and commercial retention periods, unless you have expressly consented to the further use of your data. A transfer to third parties does not take place or only with explicit consent, and only insofar as this is necessary for the settlement of our contractual relationship, in particular in the following cases:
- A transfer is always made for the purpose of delivery to the shipping company commissioned by us. The transfer includes such data as are required for the shipment of the goods. The transferred data may be used by the service providers exclusively for the purpose of their service.
- In addition, your personal data will not be disclosed to third parties, unless we are legally obliged to do so or you have given us prior consent.
- Personal data that you provide to us for processing order transactions can be stored for commercial and tax reasons for up to 10 years.
- Your personal data is safe with us. Our websites are protected by technical measures against damage, destruction and unauthorized access. We point out, however, that the transmission of data on the Internet, for example, when communicating by e-mail may have security vulnerabilities. A complete protection of data from access by third parties is not possible.
III. General use of the website and services
(a) Access data
Each time our website is accessed, our system automatically collects data and information from the computer system of the accessing computer. We automatically collect information about your usage and interaction with us and register data about your computer or mobile device. We collect, store and use data about every access to our online offer (so-called server log files). The access data includes name and URL of the retrieved file, date and time of retrieval, amount of data transferred, message about successful retrieval (HTTP response code), browser type and browser version, operating system, referrer URL (i.e. the previously visited page), IP address and the requesting provider.
We use log data without assignment to you or other profiling for statistical evaluations for the purpose of the operation, security and optimization of our online presence, but also for the anonymous recording of the number of visitors to our website (traffic) and the extent and nature of use our website and services, as well as for billing purposes, to measure the number of clicks received from cooperation partners. Based on this information, we can provide personalized and location-based content, analyze traffic, troubleshoot and improve our services. We reserve the right to retrospectively review the log data if, on the basis of concrete evidence, there is a legitimate suspicion of unlawful use.
We store IP addresses in the logfiles for a limited period of time, if this is necessary for security purposes or for the provision of services or the billing of a service, e.g. if you use one of our offers. After termination of the order process or after receipt of payment, we will delete the IP address if it is no longer required for security purposes. We store IP addresses even if we have a specific suspicion of a crime in connection with the use of our website. In addition, as part of your account, we save the date of your last visit (for example, when registering, logging in, clicking links, etc.).
Some Internet sites use so-called cookies. Cookies do not harm your computer and do not contain viruses. They serve to make our offer more user-friendly, effective and secure.
Some of the cookies used are deleted after the end of the browser session, i.e. after closing your browser. Other cookies remain on your device and allow us or our affiliate to recognize their browser on their next visit.
You can set your browser so that they are informed about the setting of cookies and individually decide on their acceptance or exclude the acceptance of cookies for certain cases or in general, and enable the automatic deletion of cookies when closing the browser. Failure to accept cookies may limit the functionality of their website.
(c) E-mail contact
If you contact us (e.g. via contact form or e-mail), we will save your details for the processing of the request as well as in the event that follow-up questions arise. We store and use other personal data only if you consent to it or if this is permitted by law without special consent.
(d) Newsletters and subscriptions
If, pursuant to Article 6(1)(1)(a) GDPR, you have expressly consented, we use your e-mail address to regularly send you our newsletter. For the receipt of the newsletter the indication of an e-mail address is sufficient.
If you purchase goods or services on our website and enter your e-mail address here, this can subsequently be used by us to send a newsletter. In such a case, the newsletter will only send direct advertising for your own similar goods or services.
In connection with the processing of data for the sending of newsletters, there is no disclosure of the data to third parties. The data will be used exclusively for sending the newsletter. If you no longer wish to do so, you can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time at the address (insert link here). Your e-mail address will then be deleted immediately from the mailing list.
You can unsubscribe at any time, for example via a link at the end of each newsletter. Alternatively, you can send your unsubscribe request at any time to email@example.com by e-mail.
(e) Data erasure and duration of storage
Unless specifically stated, we store personal data only as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes pursued. The data is deleted or blocked as soon as the purpose of the storage no longer applies. In the case of the collection of the data for the provision of the website, this is the case when the respective session is ended, unless there is a need for further storage of the data for a contract or fulfillment of the contract.
(f) Legal bases
Our interests in data processing include, in particular, ensuring the operation and security of the website, investigating the way the website is used by visitors, and simplifying the use of the website. Unless specifically stated, we store personal data only as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes pursued.
Insofar as we obtain the consent of the data subject for processing of personal data, Article 6(1)(a) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) serves as the legal basis.
Insofar as processing of personal data is required to fulfil a legal obligation that is incumbent on our company, Article 6(1)(c) GDPR serves as the legal basis.
If processing is necessary to safeguard the legitimate interests of our company or a third party, and if the interests, fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject do not prevail over the first interest, Article 6(1)(f) GDPR serves as the legal basis for processing.
The legal basis for the processing of the data after the user has registered for the newsletter is the consent of the user Article 6(1)(a) GDPR. The legal basis for sending the newsletter as a result of the sale of goods or services is Section 7(3) UWG.
IV. Disclosure of personal data
Your data will be forwarded to the shipping company commissioned with the delivery, insofar as this is necessary for the delivery of the goods. In order to process payments, we will pass on your payment data to the payment institution or payment service provider chosen for the order process.
In principle, we only use your personal data within our company.
If and to the extent that we engage third parties in the performance of contracts (such as logistics service providers), these personal data will only be received to the extent that the transmission is required for the corresponding service.
In the event that we outsource certain parts of the data processing ("order processing"), we contractually obligate processors to use personal data only in accordance with the requirements of data protection laws and to ensure the protection of the data subject's rights.
V. Data security
We make every effort to ensure the security of your data within the framework of applicable data protection laws and technical possibilities.
Your personal data will be transmitted encrypted by us. This applies to your orders and also to the customer login. We use the SSL (Secure Socket Layer) coding system, but point out that data transmission over the Internet (for example, when communicating by e-mail) may have security vulnerabilities. A complete protection of the data from access by third parties is not possible.
To safeguard your data, we maintain technical and organizational security measures that we always adapt to state-of-the-art technology.
We also do not warrant that our offer will be available at specific times; disturbances, interruptions or failures can not be excluded. The servers we use are regularly backed up carefully.
VI. Your rights as data controller
Under applicable law, you have various rights regarding your personal data. If you would like to assert these rights, please send your request by e-mail or by post with a clear identification of your person to the address specified in section I.
Below is an overview of your rights.
(a) Right to revoke the data protection consent declaration
You have the right to revoke your data protection declaration at any time. The revocation of consent does not affect the legality of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent up until that point.
(b) Right to confirmation and information
You have the right at any time to obtain confirmation from us as to whether personal data relating to you is being processed. If this is the case, you have the right to obtain free information from us about the personal data you have stored together with a copy of this data.
Furthermore, there is a right to the following information:
- the processing purposes;
- the categories of personal data being processed;
- the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been disclosed or are still being disclosed, in particular to recipients in third countries or to international organizations;
- if possible, the planned duration for which the personal data will be stored or, if that is not possible, the criteria for determining that duration;
- the right of rectification or erasure of personal data concerning you or restriction of processing by the controller or a right to object to such processing;
- the existence of a right of appeal to a supervisory authority;
- if the personal data is not collected from you, all available information about the source of the data;
- the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, in accordance with Article 22(1) and (4) GDPR and, at least in these cases, meaningful information about the logic involved and the scope and intended impact of such processing for you.
If personal data is sent to a third country or to an international organization, you have the right to receive the appropriate guarantees in accordance with Article 46 GDPR in connection with the transfer.
(c) Right to rectification
You have the right to request us to correct any incorrect personal data we hold on you without delay. Taking into account the purposes, you have the right to request the completion of any incomplete personal data - also by means of a supplementary statement.
(d) Right to erasure
You have the right to ask us for personal data concerning you to be deleted immediately, and we are required to provide personal data immediately if any of the following is true:
- The personal data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed.
- You revoke your consent on which the processing was based in accordance with Article 6(1)(a) GDPR or Article 9 (2)(a) GDPR and there is no need for any other legal basis for the processing.
- In accordance with Article 21(1) GDPR, you object to the processing and there are no legitimate reasons for the processing, or you object to the processing in accordance with Article 21(2) GDPR.
- The personal data were processed unlawfully.
- The deletion of personal data is required to fulfil a legal obligation under EU or national law to which we are subject.
- The personal data were collected in relation to information society services offered pursuant to Article 8(1) GDPR.
If we have made the personal data public and if we are required to delete it in accordance with Article 17(1) GDPR, we shall take appropriate measures, including technical ones, to inform the data controllers processing the personal data, taking into account available technology and implementation costs that you have requested that they delete any links to such personal data or copies or replications of such personal data.
(e) Right to restriction of processing
You have the right to demand from us the restriction of processing, if any of the following conditions applies:
- the accuracy of your personal data is contested by you for a period of time that allows us to verify the accuracy of your personal data;
- the processing is unlawful and you have refused to delete the personal data and instead demand the restriction of the use of your personal data;
- we no longer need your personal data for the purposes of processing, but you need the data for the purposes of asserting, exercising or defending legal claims, or
- You have objected to the processing in accordance with Article 21(1) GDPR, as long as it is not certain that the legitimate reasons of our company outweigh yours.
(f) Right to data portability
You have the right to receive the personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format, and you have the right to transfer that data to another controller without hindrance, provided that
- the processing is based on a consent pursuant to Article 6(1)(a) GDPR or Article 9(2)(a) GDPR or a contract pursuant to Article 6(1)(b) GDPR; and
- the processing is done using automated procedures. In exercising your right to data portability in accordance with paragraph 1, you have the right to obtain that personal data be transmitted directly from us to another controller, insofar as this is technically feasible.
In exercising your right to data portability in accordance with paragraph 1, you have the Right to obtain that personal information directly from us to another Be transmitted to the responsible parties, insofar as this is technically feasible.
(g) Right of objection
You have the right, for reasons of your own particular situation, to object at any time to the processing of personal data relating to you pursuant to Article 6(1)(e) or (f) GDPR; this also applies to profiling based on these provisions. We no longer process personal data, unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for processing that outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing is for the purposes of asserting, exercising or defending legal claims.
If personal data are processed by us in order to operate direct mail, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you for the purpose of such advertising; this also applies to profiling insofar as it is associated with such direct advertising.
You have the right, for reasons of your own particular situation, to object to the processing of personal data concerning you for scientific or historical research purposes or for statistical purposes under Article 89(1) GDPR, unless processing is necessary to fulfil a public interest task.
If you would like to exercise your right of revocation or objection, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org@ms-armaturen.de
(h) Right to complain to a supervisory authority
You have the right to complain to a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of its place of residence, employment or the place of the alleged infringement, if you believe that the processing of your personal data infringes the GDPR.
VIII. Contact for privacy
If you have questions about the collection, processing or use of your personal data, and for information, rectification, blocking or erasing data as well as withdrawing any given consent, please contact our data protection officer:
Tel.: +49 (0) 4465 / 807 - 0
Data protection in social media
M&S Armaturen GmbH is active in the social networks of Facebook and Instagram and operates its own YouTube channel. Separate information can be found here under:
Data protection information on Facebook and Instagram (pdf / 27 KB)
Data protection information on the YouTube channel (pdf / 22 KB)